Re: [Fsfe-uk] NCC Filetab for Linux

From: Andrew Savory
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] NCC Filetab for Linux
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 16:13:38 +0100 (BST)

Here goes...

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Martin WHEELER wrote:

> You will learn that the boundary between free and non-free is fractal,
> not clean-cut.

What utter nonsense! When talking about "free" as in "freedom", the
boundary is perfectly clear-cut and very well defined. Try for example:

  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.html#AboutFreeSoftware
  http://www.fsfeurope.org/documents/freesoftware.html

> But most importantly, you will learn that gradual incremental
> adapatation beats the hell out of sudden violent revolution.

I suggest the use of the word "evolution" rather than "incremental
adaptation" ;-)

Andrew.

--
Andrew Savory                                Email: address@hidden