Re: [Fsfe-uk] [Proposal] Mailing lists

From: MJ Ray
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:01:17 +0100

On 2003-10-20 23:07:12 +0100 Ramanan Selvaratnam <address@hidden> wrote:
+ the final circulation of RFCs so that no one misses it.

I think that is to be part of the newsletter in future.

To summarise: I support the creation of some new AFFS-specific mailing lists. I would really like to see this proposal reposted with suggested charters soon. I think that we should start acting on it ASAP and refine it if there are strong comments from members.

Actually my wish is to have some AFFS infrastructure in place with GNU Mailman (which is not that difficult to install and maintain).

Mailman is already installed, but we are looking for something different to do with it. There seems no shortage of hosting for technical projects at savannah, tuxfamily, berlios, alioth and so on. If projects approach us for hosting help, we will try to arrange it, as we have before. I think the problems where AFFS could make a bigger difference are in the communication and coordination between these projects.

On GNOME-UK: I am trying to gather information on the localisation projects, for example. I know of the Welsh one, of course, and the "Translation Project" for some GNU tools, but what else is out there?

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ address@hidden