Re: [Fsfe-uk] RFC: Free software project grants

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] RFC: Free software project grants
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 18:03:39 +0100

Hi Alex,

Alex Hudson wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 16:21, Andrew Savory wrote:
> > >      1. who i am, what the project is and what my relation to the
> > >      project is
> >
> > I would add:
> >        1.5 what my track record is
>
> Actually, I would disagree - this would be part of the judgement call
> on the project.

I agree weighing up someone's answer to `what my track record is?' is
subjective, but the question should still be asked.

If it was my money, I'd give it to someone who I thought, or better
still, knew from previous visibility, could deliver want they were
proposing at a high quality.

Given the applicants might not be known to many, something about their
track record allowing others to research them further, would be welcome.

Cheers,

Ralph.