Re: [Fsfe-uk] Linux User & Developer Expo

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Linux User & Developer Expo
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 00:43:47 +0100

On 2004-04-23 17:54:27 +0100 Alex Hudson <address@hidden> wrote:

There is the whole "behind the stand"/"in front of stand" debate.

This should not be a debate. Putting a barrier between you and the people you are trying to talk with is terrible behaviour. I think I have been told this in every training session for fairs that I have ever had. At the NEC, we got away with it because there was space to move around inside and outside the bench and the ceiling was high enough that you can be heard across the desk pretty easily. Olympia is a bit more crowded and echo-prone.

I think this stand was the best .org I have seen at Olympia and probably one of the best stands there besides the big companies, but there may be still some improvement possible in its design and/or our use of it. Hard for me to suggest on that, as I didn't work by the stand much this time.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ address@hidden