Re: Growing FSFE Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only

From: Shane Martin Coughlan
Subject: Re: Growing FSFE Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 15:39:40 +0100

Hi Alex

Alex Hudson wrote:
> For FSFE, I would suggest that a larger audience seminar style product
> would be much more suitable, because the economies of scale would help
> make it a profitable proposition.

How many people would you envisage attending such an event?

> I'm not sure I can speak for other companies too much, but my impression
> is that training in the UK for anything related to free software is
> pretty much very quiet.

We've found that there is increasing interest in the strategic use of
Free Software in business environments, though the market is still
relatively new.

> How good an idea do you have of your target audience?

We currently target project managers, engineers and upper managers in
the consideration and adoption phase of Free Software.

I'd be glad to forward you a copy of the current course handbook if you
would be interested.

Regards

Shane

--