Re: [glob2-devel] Evolutions vs Revolutions

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Evolutions vs Revolutions
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 19:28:40 +0100

> I agree. While I've tried several times ot get into a different system
> and start programming it, I get lost in the code, and don't understand
> why things are the way they are. And I can't document things if I
> don't understand them, and it seems the only people who do understand
> them are always busy (*evil stare at nct*). So, a rewrite of the
> system looks much more attractive to me, as we have a chance to fix
> everything thats wrong with the original system, and do all those
> things big proffesional developers do, like make lots and lots of unit
> tests, document the code excessivly like a bunch of english
> proffessors.

I don't want to decieve you, but most professional development companies have
very poor code documentation, worst than most big open source projects. I
know that's not what they say to you at school, but trust me, that's true.

This said, I understand you, and that's the reason why each time I've the
opportunity (and time) to clean something, I do it.