Re: [glob2-devel] To Bradley - List of bugs so you don't waste time look

From: Joe Wells
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] To Bradley - List of bugs so you don't waste time looking
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 19:23:45 +0100

Hi, Kieran,

Thanks a lot for making that list!

A few comments on some items:

"Kieran P" <address@hidden> writes:

> * Campaigns [ ... details omitted ... ]

An option that might be good enough for a release is to deprecate
campaigns, maybe by making all attempts to access campaigns go through
a screen saying “warning: campaigns not currently working properly
(feel free to volunteer to help make them better)”.

> * Fertility overlay needs to be change from 4x4 to a triangle based smooth
> overlay in OpenGL, or a cell based (32x32) non smooth overlay in software.
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-08/msg00045.html

This issue is not release-critical.

> * Fertility overlay missing places
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-08/msg00040.html

This issue is not release-critical.

> * Change the display order of some game elements, so areas display over fog of
> war, overlays display under units (making them underlays? :P), and building
> status indicator dots on top of flags/areas:
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-08/msg00014.html
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-08/msg00021.html
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-08/msg00008.html

This issue is not release-critical.

> * Remove markets from the beta 1 release source but not the master branch
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-07/msg00268.html

An option that might be good enough for a release is to have a game
option (in the same place that alliances are set) to enable markets,
so only people interested in debugging and/or developing them will
have them.

> * Remove all uncompleted translations from lists.txt, but not from the release
> (so people can download and update it)
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-07/msg00297.html

I think it is better to include incomplete translations (maybe with an
automated warning about what percentage of messages is missing?).  An
incomplete translation for language X may be enough to inspire an
X-speaker to play the game, and then maybe they will be further
inspired to complete the translation.

--
Joe