Re: [glob2-devel] To Bradley - List of bugs so you don't waste time look

From: Joe Wells
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] To Bradley - List of bugs so you don't waste time looking
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 06:15:42 +0100

"Bradley Arsenault" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 8/11/07, Kieran P <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>     * Globulation crashes when you "killed a building with a small echo number
>     like 0 or 1."
>     http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-08/msg00098.html
>
> Fixed.

Yay!

>     * Change the display order of some game elements, so areas display over
> fog
>     of war, overlays display under units (making them underlays? :P), and
>     building status indicator dots on top of flags/areas:
>     http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-08/msg00014.html
>     http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-08/msg00021.html
>     http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-08/msg00008.html
>
> Fixed partially. Areas are drawn over fog of war,

Nice.

> but overlays also.

Uh oh.  This will allow using the fertility map to see the shape of
the entire world.  That seems pretty bad to me.  :-(

> I won't do
> the other two changes for this release, they aren't the simplest changes to
> make ... I'll add them to the list

>     * Logs need updating, or disabling by the next release. If they stay, then
>     they have to be optimized so they don't take up so much disk space
> (because
>     turning off permissions to ~/.glob2/logs/ causes the game to crash on exit
>     for some reason)
>     http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-08/msg00067.html
>     http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-08/msg00032.html
>
> Using a couple macros, logs have been disabled for this release.

That will solve my problem.

> A next-release task is improved logging facility.
>
>     * Scroll wheel label and saving not correct
>     http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-08/msg00062.html
>
> Already fixed.

Yay!

>     * Remove all uncompleted translations from lists.txt, but not from the
>     release (so people can download and update it)
>     http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-07/msg00297.html
>
> My plan is to make a "call to all translators" just prior to releasing (maybe
> tommorrow?), so that we can get as many complete translations in this release
> as possible. I'll remove the rest afterwards.

I still think it is better to ship incomplete translations than to
leave them out.

>     * Changing window dimensions is impossible using normal methods (like
>     clicking and dragging corner of window or using maximize)
>     http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-07/msg00309.html
>
> To be fixed tommorrow.

Yay!  (But I worry this will lead to more bugs and delay the release.)

--
Joe