Re: [glob2-devel] To Bradley - List of bugs so you don't waste time look

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] To Bradley - List of bugs so you don't waste time looking
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 00:42:08 -0400

On 8/11/07, Kieran P <address@hidden> wrote:
Hey Brad,

You said
"I'll look into it, adding that to my mental to do list. Its too long now, lots of bugs pointed out, not enough actually remembered to get done."

Well, I had some free time so I thought I'd compile a list of links to reported bugs (plus a 2 new bugs I found while making the campaign) since the first rc was released (July 28th) which haven't had the "all fixed" email for them yet (so you might have fixed locally but not pushed or notified us). I hope I got all of them.

Personally, I think these should all be implemented (even the last one about window resizing). They are all important :P

Hope this list helps. Gives you more time to fix them now ;)

* Campaigns rely on maps in the maps folder, not the campaigns folder. Can we move these please? (the tutorial txt file made during campaign created seems to indicate they are used in campaigns, but gdb output otherwise:
GameGUI::loadFromHeaders() : error, can't open file maps/tutorial-part1.map
It proceeds further when the map files are in both locations.

Fixed, maps must consitatnly be in the campaigns folder to be loaded.

* The campaign gets as far as the campaign text screen, but clicking start results in:
glob2: src/GameGUI.cpp:219: void GameGUI::adjustLocalTeam(): Assertion `localTeamNo>=0' failed.
[Switching to Thread -1228691184 (LWP 5883)]
0xbfffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0xbfffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
#1  0xb7ab0590 in raise () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
#2  0xb7ab1e21 in abort () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
#3  0xb7aa9b1b in __assert_fail () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
#4  0x08104b4f in GameGUI::adjustLocalTeam (this=0xbfebfe04) at src/GameGUI.cpp:219
#5  0x080d8c38 in Engine::finalAdjustements (this=0xbfebfe04) at src/Engine.cpp:554
#6  0x080d976c in Engine::initGame (this=0xbfebfe04, address@hidden, address@hidden, setGameHeader=true) at src/Engine.cpp:435
#7  0x080db081 in Engine::initCampaign (this=0xbfebfe04, address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden) at src/Engine.cpp:70
#8  0x080c950b in CampaignMenuScreen::onAction (this=0xbfefbc84, source=0x8394a88, action="" par1=1, par2=0) at src/CampaignMenuScreen.cpp:59
#9  0x08259dcb in GAGGUI::Button::onSDLMouseButtonUp (this=0x8394a88, event=0xbfecee38) at libgag/src/GUIButton.cpp:80
#10 0x08257139 in GAGGUI::Screen::dispatchEvents (this=0xbfefbc84, event=0xbfecee38) at libgag/src/GUIBase.cpp:572
#11 0x0825823b in GAGGUI::Screen::execute (this=0xbfefbc84, gfx=0x833fec0, stepLength=40) at libgag/src/GUIBase.cpp:482
#12 0x0811a5d4 in Glob2::run (this=0xbff08b03, argc=1, argv=0xbff08ba4) at src/Glob2.cpp:316
#13 0x0811b11c in main (argc=Cannot access memory at address 0x16fb
) at src/Glob2.cpp:485
(gdb)

Fixed, due to the fact that the local team is never set for campaign maps. The existing tutorial works by some very strange coincidence. The local team/player is assumed to be team 0 unless otherwise set in the map editor.

* Scons doesn't work on MaxOSX without a change (add a environment check or command line arg to fix this)
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-08/msg00089.html

Fixed, although i don't have a mac so i can't be sure that it will work.

* Globulation crashes when you "killed a building with a small echo number like 0 or 1."
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-08/msg00098.html

Fixed.

* Random forbidden, guard and clearing areas are STILL being drawn on the map which need manual removing:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-08/msg00093.html
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-07/msg00315.html

To be fixed...

* Fertility overlay needs to be change from 4x4 to a triangle based smooth overlay in OpenGL, or a cell based (32x32) non smooth overlay in software.
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-08/msg00045.html

Fixed. Overlay maps are now smoothed for gl, blocky without. Low Quality makes no difference anymore.

* Yog doesn't clear started games for some reason
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-08/msg00033.html

Fixed.

* Fertility overlay missing places
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-08/msg00040.html

I haven't a clue how or why this is happenning and I can't reproduce it. Maybe it will turn up in some of my testing to be done.

* Change the display order of some game elements, so areas display over fog of war, overlays display under units (making them underlays? :P), and building status indicator dots on top of flags/areas:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-08/msg00014.html
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-08/msg00021.html
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-08/msg00008.html

Fixed partially. Areas are drawn over fog of war, but overlays also. I won't do the other two changes for this release, they aren't the simplest changes to make ... I'll add them to the list

* Logs need updating, or disabling by the next release. If they stay, then they have to be optimized so they don't take up so much disk space (because turning off permissions to ~/.glob2/logs/ causes the game to crash on exit for some reason)
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-08/msg00067.html
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-08/msg00032.html

Using a couple macros, logs have been disabled for this release. A next-release task is improved logging facility.

* Scroll wheel label and saving not correct
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-08/msg00062.html

Already fixed.

* Remove markets from the beta 1 release source but not the master branch
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-07/msg00268.html

Unless the community votes against me, I would much prefer to keep markets in the game. They aren't so much confusing as they are simply useless. I discovered that all by myself when i first started playing a few years ago, and I imagine most of our users have figured the same on their own. The only change to markets is the fact that fruits are shared between all buildings.

* Remove all uncompleted translations from lists.txt, but not from the release (so people can download and update it)
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-07/msg00297.html

My plan is to make a "call to all translators" just prior to releasing (maybe tommorrow?), so that we can get as many complete translations in this release as possible. I'll remove the rest afterwards.

* Changing window dimensions is impossible using normal methods (like clicking and dragging corner of window or using maximize)
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-07/msg00309.html

To be fixed tommorrow.

--
Kieran.P

--
Extra cheese comes at a cost. Bradley Arsenault.