[OT] Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: documentation as info

From: Tom Lord
Subject: [OT] Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: documentation as info
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:52:12 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: David Brown <address@hidden>

    > For its supposed "simplicity", XML parsers are remarkably
    > complicated beasts.  I would describe XML as a rather poor, but
    > well defined solution to a problem I'm not sure we had.

I like that.  Only now that we have it, people define their problems
in terms of it, therefore require solutions implemented with it, and
create ancillary problems derived from it.

And, being fairly complex, the new problems (the need for XML tools)
is like a big sponge for labor.

To twist the old joke one more time: Some people, whenever they had a
small problem, chose to invent XML.  Now they have 10,000 problems and
are seeking several first round investors, anticipating an IPO in
2002Q3.