[Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:53:01 -0700

On Thursday, Sep 25, 2003, at 21:08 US/Pacific, Miles Bader wrote:

Sometimes I forget.  With CVS this results in an editor window popping
up in my face, which I hate.

I think that's fair. You've made a good point for people who would want it to error and I think I've made a good point for people who don't want it to error.

It's not something I'm particularly caring about at this point as it's not really bothering me to make my log myself. I do think it's important to avoid making simple decisions based on personal preferences when they conflict with other preferences.

I would believe that you might be in the minority in this case so I think opening an editor might be a reasonable default rather than asking the user to do so.

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>