[Gnu-arch-users] Re: darcs vs tla

From: Mark Stosberg
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: darcs vs tla
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:21:15 +0000 (UTC)

> That will be nice to see. I do still wonder why it would be so difficult
> to get darcs to incorporate patch signing.

I'm not sure it would be be.

> I'm curious how darcs stores things on the filesystem.

Darcs keeps everything in one tidy "_darcs" directory at the top level.
I appreciate that there aren't extra meta-data directories throughout
the tree.

You can browse a "_darcs" directory of a small project here to obverse
the structure:

http://mark.stosberg.com/darcs_hive/cgi-app/_darcs/

Darcs does ship with a web-based repo browser that provides a much nicer
UI for web browsing than the above, which hides storage implementation:

http://abridgegame.org/cgi-bin/darcs.cgi/darcs/

This tool is written in Perl rather than Haskell. :)

    Mark