[Gnu-arch-users] Re: darcs vs tla

From: Mark Stosberg
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: darcs vs tla
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:50:55 +0000 (UTC)

On 2004-11-17, John A Meinel <address@hidden> wrote:

> But really for windows what you want is a gui.

Why? At least 'darcs for windows' is really a DOS application from what
I've seen. The target audience is still programmers, who should be less
fearful of the command line.

I suppose GUIs are more a part of Windows culture than Linux, if that's
what you are implying.

> I can't say why this would be hard with darcs. Though I know last I
> checked they didn't have pre/post commit hooks, or other such goodies
> which also let you nice things.

pre and post hooks were discussed recently as a feature that darcs users
and the author have an interest in. I wouldn't be surprised if they
appear in the short term.

    Mark