Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: darcs vs tla

From: Karel Gardas
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: darcs vs tla
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:04:58 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Alexey N. Solofnenko wrote:

> Yes to what? Both approaches are functionally equivalent. Darcs only
> checks signatures on unsafe mails, but other protocols should check
> authenticity themselves

Unfortunatelly security is not only about authentication/authorization
(for transport)

> (anonymous users should not be able to check
> anything in).

In ideal world yes, in this world full of script kiddies and crackers,
this is highly discutable topic.

> For me a Windows support is much more important and in darcs world
> Windows is a first class citizen.

That's great to hear, since that's exactly one of the most important
reasons I play with darcs. (if our win32 developers would be able to use
darcs thorough some kind of tla2darcs proxy, then great! :-)

> Unless you do the same people will standardize on something else than
> tla.

Hard to tell. Free software movement in general is not that dependant on
M$.

Cheers,
Karel
--