Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [GNU-arch-dev] Re: how to fix a bad log message

From: Clark McGrew
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [GNU-arch-dev] Re: how to fix a bad log message?
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 10:35:41 -0500

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 09:19 -0500, John S. Yates, Jr. wrote:

> To me that is a copout and a recipe for arch acquiring a bad reputation as
> those increasingly less competent users actually attempt such exercises.
>
> Even the most limited undo scheme could actually become a distinctive arch
> capability, unmatched in most (all?) competing RCSs.

This is a bit of a kibitz, but I still don't understand *why* anybody
would want to remove a change set.  Why do people want this feature?
You can get exactly the same result in the source code by committing a
"correction", and it doesn't have any of the bad side effects.  Isn't
that enough?

-Clark
--
Clark McGrew                    Univ. at Stony Brook, Physics and Astronomy
<address@hidden>   631-632-8299