Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Maintainership, and whiners...

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Maintainership, and whiners...
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 21:05:42 +0200

   Thanks.  (I guess :-)

I infact considerd you a good maintainer, and the only reason why
things blew up as they blew up was because of idiotic personal
conflicts.  The world would be so much better if people could simply
ignore such crap when it comes to a project.

   what would be their motive?

Who cares.

   What's their incentive?

Who cares.

   What's their reward?

Who cares.

   What can users count on?

0) Fixing bugs.

1) Committing fixes (it is up to the person who sends the actual fix
   to clean it up into a decent state, the maintainer should say what
   is wrong).

2) Adding a feature once in a blue moon, but it is _not_ the
   maintainers job to implement each and every feature that someone
   asks for--that is up to contributors.

I don't ask much, people who do ask for more are whiners and idiots.

   What qualifications should they display?

Being able to code C.

And I appologise for what might seem as a hostile tone, but I'm pissed
at this childish crap.