Re: [GNU-linux-libre] review PureOS ISO

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] review PureOS ISO
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 21:44:04 +0200

I am sure that xombrero, uzbl and surf, may replace IceCat, even as a
main browser in some system distributions:

1) surf, with option -s the javascript is disabled. or Ctrl-Shift-s
the script execution is toggled - so very easy, uses Webkit I guess.

2) xombrero - it has javascript whitelists, and it can be toggled by
C-j. It has been well thought in regards to javascript.

3) uzbl -- javascript may be disabled or enabled by using commands,
keys, and certainly also on command line. It is totally configurable,
and usable.

Those are faster than IceCat on some pages.

I guess, not sure, they all use Webkit which is installed, so browsers
are just few megabytes in comparison to IceCat which is I guess over
100 mb, when I compiled it, while the binary compiled on GNU website
is about 91M

Jean