Re: [GNU-linux-libre] review PureOS ISO

From: Ivan Zaigralin
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] review PureOS ISO
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2016 22:15:04 -0800

This makes sense, but If Trisquel can endorse laptops with nonfree BIOS (and
not only they endorse it, they apparently get a sales cut), then so should be
able any other FSDG-compliant distribution. Completely in line with previous
suggestions, the PureOS would probably still need its own net domain, and the
link(s) to the supported hardware will have to be accompanied with a clear
explanation of its deficiencies in the freedom department. I have to say,
until this topic was brought up, I did not think these kinds of endorsements
were OK at all, but may be I was interpreting FSDG too harshly.

Zlatan, you should probably try to get this sorted out through the official
channels, and cite the Trisquel's supported laptop list as an example.