Re: about GNU Hurd

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: about GNU Hurd
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 14:43:31 +0200 (CEST)

   > The reason why there have not been any new snapshots, is because
   > the development of the Hurd has slowed down since the last
   > snapshot was made.  Just recompiling things for the sake of
   > recompiling is not a useful way to manage resources.  The Hurd
   > has not had any noticible development since the last snapshot,

   I know Alfread doesn't agree on this, but I must say that I see a
   pretty different picture. There actually have been quite
   considerable improvments in stability and software compatibility.

The stability problems in Debian GNU/Hurd were due to a buggy
tool-chain on Debian's side, it was easily rectified by recompiling
things.  None of the patches touched stability issues; infact, almost
all of the patches have been cosmetic changes.

And the glibc maintainers have been far easier to deal with than the
Hurd maintainers; which is quite funny...