Re: about GNU Hurd

From: Michael Banck
Subject: Re: about GNU Hurd
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:51:33 +0200

On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 07:12:11PM +0530, arnuld wrote:
> sometimes i think there are too many people working on Fedora and too
> many on Debian and other GNU/Linu distros and here Hurd lacks
> manpower. i think people have forgotten their freedom.  Corporates are
> a virus to society and as soon as i think of these things my belief
> and will for becoming a core developer for GNU/Hurd becomes stronger.

Neither Fedora nor Debian are `companies'; Fedora is merely heavily
sponsored by RedHat, but becoming more and more independent.  Debian
never was and never will be a company or get heavily sponsored by one.

Feel free to put your energy whereever you want, but please respect
other Free Software projects along the way.

Michael

--
"No other topic of discussion in our circles has matched even a fraction
of the gravity and profundity of this observation.  I appreciate it