Re: about GNU Hurd

From: Michael Heath
Subject: Re: about GNU Hurd
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 11:32:04 -0600

While I like the ideas of a bounty or pay for developers that has been suggested since this, I think it would be far more appropriate to start with a more basic advertising approach. Up to date, quality documentation and information on the internet is sparse - lots of websites are out of date, and now unmaintained. I know there was talk of starting up a new Hurd wiki, but haven't heard anything since assurances that it would happen a while back.

We need to just start with information that lets people know about the project, answers questions, counters the FUD out there about it, lets people know the conceptual benefits over a kernel like Linux, etc. I'm willing to help with any of this, as much as I can.

Mike Heath