Re: about GNU Hurd

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: about GNU Hurd
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 13:05:28 -0400

It would make sense to set up a Hurd fund if we were confident it
would raise enough money so as to make it possible to spend the money
on the Hurd.  However, I tend to think it would not do so.  Then we
would be stuck with money we could not spend.

Claudio Fontana wrote:

    I was thinking about 5000 CHF (~4100 USD) I am able to donate myself,
    and maybe someone else could join me in this.

That is enough money that it might enable us to start a fund.  However,
we should look for more pledges before actually accepting money.
We would need at least $20,000 to make it useful; that could pay someone
for 6 months.