Re: [Gomp-discuss] CVS organization

From: Diego Novillo
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] CVS organization
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 10:54:11 -0400

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 10:28, Jacob Weismann Poulsen wrote:
> * Diego Novillo <address@hidden> [2004-04-06 15:17]:
> > Hmm, I thought we had agreed to use the gomp branch on gcc.gnu.org?
>
> Ups, sorry. As I said earlier I haven't read through the entire archive
> yet. I didn't know that there was already a GOMP branch on gcc.gnu.org.
> I have NO objections towards having it there, I just wasn't aware of it.
> How is GOMP organized there, who takes patches, who has CVS access ???
>
> Let us just stick with lib and test stuff at savannah then (I had no
> intentions in changing anything). Maybe we could have seperate directory
> for each member, say

Again.  Why?

To summarize.  I heartily agree that we need an initial design
document.  In fact, I would encourage that we hold a BOF at the next GCC
summit to talk about the design document and flesh out some initial
ideas.  GCC at large will want us to present a design document of some
kind, so we absolutely need to do this.

However, I do not agree to hosting anything on SF.  If we are missing
CVS write permission and copyright assignments, then let's get them NOW,
not later.  If folks aren't ready to do copyright assignments, then GOMP
will never be incorporated into GCC.

Diego.