Re: [Gomp-discuss] Release candidate

From: Diego Novillo
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Release candidate
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 08:41:44 -0500

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 06:55, Jacob Weismann Poulsen wrote:

> 2) As to the content of libgomp I made a few early experiments
> that wasn't meant to make its way to the official tree.

It won't be in the official tree.  It will be in a branch.  That's the
whole point.  You folks will be designing and implementing the library
in an iterative process.  Mistakes will be made.  They will be corrected
and the final version will make it into the official tree (mainline),
eventually.

The earlier we put the code out on the branch, the earlier other people
will be able to check it out and start playing with it.  It won't be
right the first time, but what's needed here is a public trail of design
and implementation discussions.  If the final polished version suddenly
leaps out of a hat, it will have less value than one incrementally
developed over time.  The real value is in the process.

Diego.