Re: [Gomp-discuss] Release candidate

From: Scott Robert Ladd
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Release candidate
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 10:21:42 -0500

Biagio Lucini wrote:
Agreed. Moreover, a merge of the C/C++ and Fortran Specifications is in progress. It is quite likely that OpenMP 3.0 will look pretty much the same for Fortran and C. From our point of view, this means that - in the worst hypothesis - we won't have to write more than one runtime lib :-)

The OpenMP mailing list archive is private to subscribers, but here's the pertinent part for those who aren't on that list. From the October 2004 newsletter:

[quote]
* The merge of OpenMP Fortran, C, and C++ specifications is progressing

A "final draft" is now being reviewed by the committee members. There
are still discussions on how much is flushed when a lock routine is
called, and on private variables in Fortran statement functions.
The ARB considers a public review period desirable after the final
internal review, as it promotes inclusiveness and openness.
[/quote]

For now, I'm proceeding with the 2.0 specification, since I doubt the proposed changes will invalidate too much existing code.

--
Scott Robert Ladd
site: http://www.coyotegulch.com