guix-devel

Re: [ART] Background image for GRUB

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [ART] Background image for GRUB
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 10:58:38 +0100

Felipe López <address@hidden> skribis:

> Since I completely agree with Bruno, here is the GRUB image proposal
> using the GNU logo:
>
> http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/static/temp/img/gnu/2014-11-05-grub-dark.png

[...]

> GRAY:
> http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/static/temp/img/guix/2014-11-05-grub-dark-gray.png

Very nice!  I have a slight preference for the gray version.

Also, as discussed with Bruno, I think it would be better to have both
the GNU and Guix logo.  I would make the Guix logo smaller, and put it
in a corner, or maybe below the GNU logo, or maybe next to it.

WDYT?

Please let me know what you Savannah account is, so you can add your
work to the guix-artwork repo.

Besides, is there anything I should know to get the GRUB config to
display it correctly, with the right size, aspect ratio, etc.?

Thanks,
Ludo’.