guix-devel

Re: wrapping up the Newmoon Browser package

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: wrapping up the Newmoon Browser package
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 16:31:58 -0400

ng0 <address@hidden> writes:

> Mark H Weaver transcribed 1.6K bytes:
>>
>> We definitely need to avoid steering users toward the Mozilla Add-ons
>> Site, or any other add-on site that is not committed to including only
>> free software.  We could instead steer users toward the list of free
>> add-ons that's used by GNU IceCat.
>
> Have you read my follow-up Emails with more details? I'm curious if
> due to the issues mentioned there this is still necessary from the
> GNU view on things.

I skimmed your other emails in this thread, but I'm not sure what
details you're referring to.  However, the GNU FSDG requirement is that
we may only steer users to third-party add-ons repositories that are
committed to including only free software.  Can you find evidence that
Pale Moon has made such a commitment for their add-ons repository?

    Thanks,
      Mark