guix-devel

Re: wrapping up the Newmoon Browser package

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: wrapping up the Newmoon Browser package
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 17:32:12 +0100

ng0 <address@hidden> writes:

>> As far as the FSDG is concerned, I don't think this matters either way.
>
> Huh. So this page would be okay in FSDG? Interesting.
> I object to its content, but changes are trivial to make.

I intended that statement as my own personal opinion, not as any sort of
official determination.  Let's discuss this and make sure we choose the
right approach.

To that end, I'm curious: can you share more about why you believe that
we should change the home page?  Because we follow the FSDG, we
definitely should do something like that if including the default home
page without changes would in fact cause us to violate the FSDG.  That
said, even if leaving the default home page in would not cause us to
violate the FSDG, we may still choose to change it if there is a good
reason to do so.  For example, hypothetically, if the web page's default
home page contained malware, then surely that would be a problem.

> Thanks for taking a look at this :)

My pleasure!  Thank you for taking the time to work on it.

--
Chris