gutopia-dev

RE: [rgui-dev] Camelot

From: Rich Kilmer
Subject: RE: [rgui-dev] Camelot
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 09:10:29 -0400

wxPython is generated via swig...so they have already implemented the .i
files for generating the wrappers.  That is _a lot_ of the hard work.
We are going to leverage this and replace the %pragma(python) pieces
with corrisponding %pragma(ruby) pieces.  Lyle Johnson and others have
spent a lot of time working on the Swig/Ruby stuff...so its quite mature
at this point.  The total lines of code of the wxpython .i files are
16400 or so...and we must review all of them...but most of them don't
have to change.  With four of us focused on this it should be fairly
quick ;-)

-rich