gutopia-dev

RE: [rgui-dev] Camelot

From: Tom Sawyer
Subject: RE: [rgui-dev] Camelot
Date: 29 Aug 2002 21:07:58 -0600

hi all,

thanks everyone for all the great input. just want to let you know that
i was very tired yesterday and hadn't slept for nearly 48 hours. so some
of what i wrote was off the cuff and hasty. hope you understand.

having said that, i think a number of important notions and ideas have
come to light with the progression of our current events:

with regards to wxWindows, i think this is a wise move for presently
getting a cross-plaform gui hooked to Ruby. hope you guys are having
great success. please keep me posted. i'm especially curious about the
threading issue and whether you used swig, ruby/dl, or both. rock it,
freeriders!

GUtopIa on the other, i have re-realized, needs to have its focus on the
future fo GUI APIs. i had lost sight of this, and was trying to push it
into existence before its time. thankfully, Leon and Massimiliano have
encouraged me to look to that future, to make the better mouse trap, so
to speak. i've rekindled some of my original "futuristic" notions, and
we've each, I, Massimiliano, Leon, and Kero have already noted a number
of promising posibilities. i look foward to the continued exploration.

ciao for now,
tom