list issues (was Re: New Shishi Debian packages)

From: Elrond
Subject: list issues (was Re: New Shishi Debian packages)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 13:16:49 +0100

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 12:47:38PM +0100, Simon Josefsson wrote:
[...]
> I went over the archive, and now my e-mail is there.

Did you check only the archives on lists.gnu.org?

Look at
        http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.shishi.general
It has different entries.

Specifically, the gnu archive has
        http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-shishi/2006-03/msg00002.html
and gmane does not have it (neither do I).

> Some e-mails
> seem lost, and they are not stuck in my moderators queue.  All
> password reminders do seem to have been delivered eventually.

I haven't yet found the password reminder, but haven't
checked all my spam/other folders.

My current finding is, that lists.gnu.org behaves better,
if my enveloper-sender is the adress subscribed. (which is
stupid. I want bounces to end up somewhere else than list
traffic.)

> Russ sent one e-mail today to the list which hasn't arrived, let's see
> how long it takes for it to show up.
>
> Maybe the list is simply slow.

At most times, it is quite fast.

> Maybe we can continue using the list
> and Cc each other when needed.

I'll do that until this thing starts to stabilise again.

> Sorry for all this...

Not your fault, I presume.

    Elrond