Re: list issues

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: list issues
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 14:42:22 +0100

Elrond <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 12:47:38PM +0100, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> [...]
>> I went over the archive, and now my e-mail is there.
>
> Did you check only the archives on lists.gnu.org?
>
> Look at
>       http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.shishi.general
> It has different entries.
>
> Specifically, the gnu archive has
>       http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-shishi/2006-03/msg00002.html
> and gmane does not have it (neither do I).

Also, your post 'shisa: small memleaks' is in the gnu archive but not
in gmane.

>From Russ, the gnu archive has his 'New Shishi Debian packages'
followup, which is not in gmane.

Perhaps this is a gmane issue?  Is there any message in gmane not on
the gnu archive?  Note that the gnu archive is not updated that fast.

I have delivery disabled for me, so I only get the mailing list
through gmane (although I will check the official gnu archive from now
on, to spot gmane problems).

> My current finding is, that lists.gnu.org behaves better,
> if my enveloper-sender is the adress subscribed. (which is
> stupid. I want bounces to end up somewhere else than list
> traffic.)

The list is moderated manually (not by me), so use the address that is
best for you, and it should work.

Thanks,
Simon