Re: [igraph] beginner's help on igraph in R

From: Lin Freeman
Subject: Re: [igraph] beginner's help on igraph in R
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 08:29:52 -0700

First, let me thank you for responding and for changing the script so
quickly.  My problem, however, remains.  I am using version 0.5.1 of
igraph and I upgraded from R 2.6.2. to 2.7.2.  Nevertheless, when I go
through the same routine,
> library(igraph)
> source("GUI.R")

Graph > Create >By hand

enter data as:
0 1
1,2
& then close the data window and hit "OK" on the "Creating a graph by
havd" window,
the RGgraphics Device 2 window opens, but remains blank.

And my Terminal window shows the following error statement:

R version 2.7.2 (2008-08-25)
Copyright (C) 2008 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0

  Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

> library(igraph)
> source("GUI.R")

 *** caught segfault ***
address 0x88b0f980, cause 'memory not mapped'

Traceback:
 1: .Call("R_igraph_is_connected", graph, as.numeric(mode), PACKAGE = "igraph")
 2: is.connected(graph)
 3: v(graph)
 4: ret()
 5: params("plot", "layout")
 6: plot.igraph(...)
 7: fun(g, layout = layouts[[read$layout + 1]], vertex.size =
read$vertex.size,     vertex.label = labels, vertex.label.dist =
label.dist, edge.label = elabels,     edge.arrow.size = eas, ...)
 8: .tkigraph.plot(simple = TRUE)
 9: function () {    .tkigraph.plot(simple = TRUE)}()
10: doTryCatch(return(expr), name, parentenv, handler)
11: tryCatchOne(expr, names, parentenv, handlers[[1]])
12: tryCatchList(expr, classes, parentenv, handlers)
13: tryCatch(expr, error = function(e) {    call <- conditionCall(e)
 if (!is.null(call)) {        if (identical(call[[1]],
quote(doTryCatch)))             call <- sys.call(-4)        dcall <-
deparse(call)[1]        prefix <- paste("Error in", dcall, ": ")
 LONG <- 75        msg <- conditionMessage(e)        sm <-
strsplit(msg, "\n")[[1]]        if (14 + nchar(dcall, type = "w") +
nchar(sm[1], type = "w") >             LONG)             prefix <-
paste(prefix, "\n  ", sep = "")    }    else prefix <- "Error : "
msg <- paste(prefix, conditionMessage(e), "\n", sep = "")
.Internal(seterrmessage(msg[1]))    if (!silent &&
identical(getOption("show.error.messages"),         TRUE)) {
cat(msg, file = stderr())        .Internal(printDeferredWarnings())
}    invisible(structure(msg, class = "try-error"))})
14: try(function () {    .tkigraph.plot(simple = TRUE)}())

Possible actions:
1: abort (with core dump, if enabled)
2: normal R exit
3: exit R without saving workspace