Re: syntax changes before beta version

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: syntax changes before beta version
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 00:35:26 +0200

On 2008/07/18 00:12 -0700, Graham Percival wrote:
> Minor proofreading is easily done after 2.12.  Also, it can be
> done by normal users.  I really want texi2html to be working for
> 2.12, and you two are the only ones who can make this happen.  I
> encourage you both to focus on this, and leave doc-proofreading
> until later.

Writing the last hacks to be ready to switch to texi2html for Lily is
important on the short term, but on the long term it would be very cool
to include some features written by Reinhold in Lily-specific texi2html
init file in mainstream texi2html.

> (besides, it's not like you two need a separate doc editor to fix
> anything you notice; you can both push fixes directly to git)

Thanks for the permission, but I want to send at least a notice to you
and current editor of the section, for politeness and avoiding conflicts
of any kind.  If some changes may seem obscure, I'll give good reasons
in detailed commit messages.  And if I want to do or request changes
bigger than simple fixes, I'll bring them up to -user.

Cheers,
John