Re: syntax changes before beta version

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: syntax changes before beta version
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 01:43:49 -0700

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 00:35:26 +0200
John Mandereau <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2008/07/18 00:12 -0700, Graham Percival wrote:
> > Minor proofreading is easily done after 2.12.  Also, it can be
> > done by normal users.  I really want texi2html to be working for
> > 2.12, and you two are the only ones who can make this happen.  I
> > encourage you both to focus on this, and leave doc-proofreading
> > until later.
>
> Writing the last hacks to be ready to switch to texi2html for Lily is
> important on the short term, but on the long term it would be very
> cool to include some features written by Reinhold in Lily-specific
> texi2html init file in mainstream texi2html.

Yes, but there isn't a one-month time-limit on merging these
changes upstream.

> > (besides, it's not like you two need a separate doc editor to fix
> > anything you notice; you can both push fixes directly to git)
>
> Thanks for the permission, but I want to send at least a notice to you
> and current editor of the section, for politeness and avoiding
> conflicts of any kind.  If some changes may seem obscure, I'll give
> good reasons in detailed commit messages.  And if I want to do or
> request changes bigger than simple fixes, I'll bring them up to -user.

Sorry, I was unclear.  I was talking about 1.5 months from now:
there will be perhaps 4 people remaining, all well-versed in git
and building locally.  There might be one or two sections that are
"owned", but mostly it'll just be a free-for-all.  But at a much
slower rate than currently.