Pre-release testing

From: James Bailey
Subject: Pre-release testing
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 20:37:00 +0100

So, when I'm not doing lilypond things, I test stuff. I'm a game tester. One thing I find very helpful is to have a short list of things to check for when doing these kinds of quick version test. I haven't really worked very hard on it, but here's kinda the things I do so far when looking at checking versions:

Check LilyPad Editor
Open LilyPad Editor
Open a File with LilyPad Editor
Compile a File with LilyPad Editor
Update Syntax {b4\sustainUp a g a \sustainDown} \version "2.10.0"

Check Command-Line Options
Compile a file from the command line
Pass a simple command-line option "lilypond -o test\ file / Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/Welcome-to-LilyPond- MacOS.ly" Pass an advanced command-line option "lilypond -dpaper-size=\"a6\" Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/Welcome-to-LilyPond- MacOS.ly"

Python Scripts

lilypond-book

compile a file with lilypond book
 \documentclass[a4paper]{article}

 \begin{document}
 test
 \begin{lilypond}
 \relative c' { c2 a'2 \times 2/3 { f8 e d } c'2 g4 }
 \end{lilypond}
 \end{document}
lilypond-book --latex-program=pdflatex --pdf -o out pdflatex-lily- book-sample.lytex

convert-ly
Update Syntax {b4\sustainUp a g a \sustainDown} \version "2.10.0"

pdf output
Check that pdf paper size is correct
Check that links open correctly

I include all of this here for feedback on how appropriate something like this is, any things that could be missed, any things that could be removed.