Re: new smaller installers to test

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: new smaller installers to test
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 04:51:04 +0000

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 11:25:33PM -0200, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Graham Percival
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > woah, this is weird.  The 2.13.12 regtest comparison shows them just fine:
>
> The regtest comparison uses the bounding boxes inside lilypond.
> Errors in ghostscript dont generate differences inside lilypond, so
> they are not registered in lilypond.

Good to know!  I'll add a note to the CG.

> > Anybody have suggestions?  I could simply revert the change, but it
> > seemed that people liked the idea of saving some space.  Does anybody
> > know ghostscript and want to suggest which of these dirs I should try
> > keeping?
> > +            'share/ghostscript/*/Resource/{CMap,ColorSpace,Decoding}/',
> > +            'share/ghostscript/*/Resource/{Encoding,Font,SubstCID}/',
>
> The largest ones are the Encoding files, which are related to
> international fonts, so if this is the cause of the problem (I think
> it is).

ok, I'll test that when I get to university in a few hours.

> You could also run the GS command by hand with -dQUIET switched off,
> to see if it complains of missing Resource files.

Patrick says it complains, but it did this before the extra
stripping.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2010-02/msg00140.html
(I'm not certain if GenericResourceDir is the warning you mean,
though)