Re: new smaller installers to test

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: new smaller installers to test
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 23:25:33 -0200

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:
> woah, this is weird.  The 2.13.12 regtest comparison shows them just fine:
> http://lilypond.org/test/v2.13.12-1/compare-v2.13.11-1/index.html
> (you can see the hiragana in utf-8.ly)
>
> the 2.13.13 regest doesn't show them changing:
> http://lilypond.org/test/v2.13.13-1/compare-v2.13.12-1/index.html
>
> however, they're missing from the 2.13.13 input/regression:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/input/regression/df/lily-5e79810b.png

The regtest comparison uses the bounding boxes inside lilypond.
Errors in ghostscript dont generate differences inside lilypond, so
they are not registered in lilypond.

> Anybody have suggestions?  I could simply revert the change, but it
> seemed that people liked the idea of saving some space.  Does anybody
> know ghostscript and want to suggest which of these dirs I should try
> keeping?
> +            'share/ghostscript/*/Resource/{CMap,ColorSpace,Decoding}/',
> +            'share/ghostscript/*/Resource/{Encoding,Font,SubstCID}/',
>
> I don't know offhand how large each of those dirs are, but if it would
> help, I could build the package with the stripping commented out, and
> tell you exactly which files there are, and where they are.

The largest ones are the Encoding files, which are related to
international fonts, so if this is the cause of the problem (I think
it is).

You could also run the GS command by hand with -dQUIET switched off,
to see if it complains of missing Resource files.