Re: Line breaks in @file{} entries?

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: Line breaks in @file{} entries?
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 07:30:20 -0800 (PST)

Keep in mind that these texinfo @-commands may not mean what
you think they mean (see @. for example) :

http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/manual/texinfo/html_node/Command-List.html

>> So either I'm missing something, or something else is
>> going on.  Was this change discussed on -devel?  If so,
>> somehow I missed it.
>
> No, I did consider discussing it but since the diff was
> almost 400Ko I couldn't send it so I just pushed it on the
> translations/ branch.

Can you post to Rietveld?  That's the preferred code sharing
location.

> Ok, what do we do now? We could revert my commit but it
> will leave the docs source code with the inconsistency I
> was trying to address... Another (possibly more clever?)
> solution is to remove all @/ before file extensions, so
> that such line breaks as what you mentioned can't occur
> anymore.

Personally, I wouldn't want @/ anywhere in a @file, but I
think the right thing to do is to revert the patch and start
a discussion about what our policy should be for this case.
Other developers will have their own ideas too, and we
should try to agree on something before making such a
change.

- Mark