Re: Line breaks in @file{} entries?

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Line breaks in @file{} entries?
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 07:44:06 -0000

Valentin Villenave wrote Friday, November 26, 2010 1:40 AM

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 1:11 AM, Graham Percival
I don't think that @/ is appropriate. Certainly not for a short
@file{filename.ext}. I'm willing to entertain the notion of using
them inside a @file{long/directory/location/with/filename.ext},
although my preferred solution to those would be to put them in a
separate @example or @smallexample.

Removing them is way easier than adding them (besides adding @/
everywhere, my commit actually _added_ quite a bunch of @file entries
whenever these were missing, e.g. in the CG. "programming work".

I'd prefer this patch to be reverted. That way the information about
the long filenames that previously contained @/s is retained, making
it easier to change these to @examples (if this is indeed desirable).

I never said it was. Which is why I wanted to address it as quickly
and discretely as possible, and pushed it elsewhere than master.

It's already been merged into master :(

Trevor