Re: Line breaks in @file{} entries?

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Line breaks in @file{} entries?
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 16:00:22 +0100

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 11:37 AM, Valentin Villenave
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm sure I can remove @/ and filter "long-ish" filenames with a regexp
> if needed. As Graham said, we're at the "discussing policy" stage, so
> I'd rather keep my commit and then bake a regexp that will apply said
> policy consistenly throughout the files.

Hi Trevor, Graham, everybody

Here's what I'm thinking (I'll update the doc guidelines if you guys agree):

@file{} entries should not contain a @/ escape sequence, unless these
are long enough to justify a possible line break.

Long entries are those who contain either more than one dash or more
than one slash (not counting "../").

Examples:
Write
  @file{scm/lily.scm}
or
  @file{scm/backend-library.scm}

but
  @file{scm/define@/-markup@/-commands.scm}
or
  @file{input/@/regression/@/note-names.ly}

[Optionally:
 @file{} entries in @seealso sections should not contain @/ escaping,
no matter how long they are.]

I've made a patch (against lilypond/translation) that does just that:
http://dl.free.fr/qQQuXLyZB

I'm trying to upload it on Rietveld, but I'm not sure it'll do: I'll
let you know in a couple of hours :-)

Cheers,
Valentin.