Re: Adds padding between Hairpins and SpanBars. (issue 5438060)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Adds padding between Hairpins and SpanBars. (issue 5438060)
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 00:32:44 +0000

On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 13:30:16 -0800, <address@hidden> wrote:

Looks good to me, but I want to be sure that both Keith and Mike agree
that this is what ought to be applied, so we don't have two
non-compatible solutions fighting with each other.

No problem there; Mike incorporated my 2-line patch into this.
I want that 2-line fix to be a separate commit, because it does what the
original bug report wanted, by restoring the intent of the original
code.

The full patch no longer does any harm, but I do not like the idea of
having every Hairpin search through every other element on the page to
find fellow Hairpins and ask them about their neighbors.  We hardware
folk have spoiled you software guys with fast computers.

I also want a way to turn off the new feature.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5438060/diff/4006/lily/hairpin.cc
File lily/hairpin.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5438060/diff/4006/lily/hairpin.cc#newcode245
lily/hairpin.cc:245: for (vsize i = 0; i < vertical_axis_groups.size ();
i++)
For each hairpin, say an orchestral score, this loops over about 10-15
staves

http://codereview.appspot.com/5438060/diff/4006/lily/hairpin.cc#newcode248
lily/hairpin.cc:248: for (vsize j = 0; j < vag_elts.size (); j++)
then for each staff this loops over about 100 elements

http://codereview.appspot.com/5438060/diff/4006/lily/hairpin.cc#newcode252
lily/hairpin.cc:252: for (vsize k = 0; k < elts.size (); k++)
then for each dynamic-line-spanner a handful of dynamics

http://codereview.appspot.com/5438060/diff/4006/lily/hairpin.cc#newcode256
lily/hairpin.cc:256: if (span_elt->get_bound
(RIGHT)->spanned_rank_interval ()[LEFT] ==
bounds[RIGHT]->spanned_rank_interval ()[LEFT])
to find any simultaneously-ending hairpins and ask them if they are next
to a span bar.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5438060/diff/4006/scm/define-grob-properties.scm
File scm/define-grob-properties.scm (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5438060/diff/4006/scm/define-grob-properties.scm#newcode913
scm/define-grob-properties.scm:913: (uniform-span-bar-padding ,boolean?
"Should the span-bar
no longer used by the code

http://codereview.appspot.com/5438060/