Re: 3.0?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: 3.0?
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 17:47:57 +0100

Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

> 2014/1/11 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
>> One very nice integrated experience is offered by preview-latex
>> <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/preview-latex>.
>

> Indeed, this is very nice.  Although i haven't used it, i know i would
> enjoy it :)

Well, actually it's a lot better than you'd guess from the screenshots:
the proof-of-concept took about two weeks, and the screen shots would
not have been much different then (apart from the descenders being
wrong).

There's been years of development going into it afterwards.  It's
technology that does not get in the way, is fast and reliable, and
integrates with personal workflows seamlessly.

I wish we'd have something like that for the LilyPond manuals.