Re: 3.0?

From: karl
Subject: Re: 3.0?
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 22:50:44 +0100 (CET)

Urs Liska:
> Am 10.01.2014 22:23, schrieb address@hidden:
> > Carl Peterson:
> >> There's a visual component and a matter of input error reduction, because I
> >> have been known to enter incorrect octaves or durations and not realize it
> >> until I've finished typing and have compiled the entire score.
> >
> > A quick-n-dirty test mode would probably solve your need, just to
> > check for typing errors and such (as you write above).
> >
> > What should such a mode need/disregard, what speedups are possible for
> > such a test mode ?
> >

> Well,
> compiling a few measures of a single staff feels nearly instantaneous,
> and when you're editing an orchestral score this makes a huge difference.

Denpends on the computer you are using,

 http://turkos.aspodata.se/git/musik/ALotti/missa_a3_la_minore/04_agnus.ly

is 17bars, 3voices with lyrics, and it still takes 5s on my box,

> Generally I'd think it would be a good idea to have such an interface in
> Frescobaldi. UI-wise it wouldn't be too hard to add that. However, there
> is one thing I've thought about several times and that doesn't make the
> issue so easy:
> If you have a short segment of a score, say in a variable, how can you
> guarantee that LilyPond has the right context for that (I'm not talking
> of \context, but of things like key, time signature, transposition etc.)?

If you are only interested in checking octaves and durations, the
context doesn't matter too much.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data