Re: Appreciation / Financial support

From: Bernardo Barros
Subject: Re: Appreciation / Financial support
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 09:14:41 -0700

On 05/30/2012 02:10 AM, David Kastrup wrote:
> C++ does not blend at all, and Python with its "indentation matters"
> would be horrors on top of horrors.  Lua with "separate statements with
> semicolon or newline or space, I don't care" is nicer, but it is
> procedural, not functional, and thus the simple path from #1 to #(begin
> ...) is not there: you'd need to start with something like
> #{ return 1 #} minimally and/or distinguish between statements and
> expressions.

If I may: but Haskell does not combine those features you mentioned
above? It is efficient as C++ (or at least the same order of magnitude),
is minimalist in the syntax like Lua and Python, you can work with
semicolons or newlines ("I don't care"), and it's functional (not
procedural)? And it's also type safe as none of the above (as java). Not
sure about the user base, but it is growing fast.