Re: Lilypond Woodwind-Diagram for Bassoon missing half-hole option for f

From: ryanmichaelmcclure
Subject: Re: Lilypond Woodwind-Diagram for Bassoon missing half-hole option for first finger
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 07:23:31 -0700 (PDT)

I've looked at the diagram and have found the following things that I would
like to mention:

The top hole should be a hole on both bassoon and contrabassoon. The top
hole very often has a half hole, and some players even use quarter and
three-quarter holes for the top hole.

The third hole on the right hand, above the three keys that make a
"triangle", may be an oval rather than a circle. This is because it is
really a key and not a hole.

I have a fingering chart from my bassoon professor in his book; I can scan
it and put a link to it here so that the shapes of the keys can also be
noted; it is a little difficult to read the diagram in LilyPond for bassoon,
to be truthful, if one is used to the standard fingering chart layout. I'll
ask for his permission and I'll upload it here if he says yes.

-----
Ryan McClure

Luna Music Engraving