Jagged hairpins

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Jagged hairpins
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 05:45:40 -0800 (PST)

Good morning,

I need some help understanding how LilyPond treats hairpins in regards to
printing and / or rendering on-screen. I realize this is not a scientific
approach for testing but I didn't know how else to demonstrate my question.
In a nutshell, I'm seeing that my LilyPond-engraved PDFs and paper scores
are having quite a few rather jagged hairpins. I can't figure out why.
Nothing has changed. I have a high quality laser BW printer and whenever I
need to print a Finale project, everything looks fine. I hope my eyes aren't
going!

My PDFs are jagged as well so that's what made me believe it's not my
printer that's the issue. The "stepped" look of the hairpins are even more
jagged-looking on the actual paper itself over the PDF, but it's still
there.

Please see attached images and if someone could please let me know if I'm
doing something wrong - or if there is a way to soften the hairpins - that
would be awesome! :)

finale_14_line.png
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n158826/finale_14_line.png>

LilyPond_PDF_line_-_jagged.png