Re: [SPAM] Re: Feedback for starting a crowd funding campaign

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: [SPAM] Re: Feedback for starting a crowd funding campaign
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 00:08:57 +0100

Am 05.03.2014 17:29, schrieb Janek Warchoł:

Currently I think about offering the following perks, more ideas (or
comments to my suggestions) welcome:

   1€ - hug (no further action))
   5€ - appreciation
        Name will be kept in the source distribution
       (but nothing really visible)
       (will be included in any of the following perks)
  10€ - serious appreciation
        Same as above but additionally visual place on our website
       (as long as that might exist)

That's too much diversity.  I'd have just one perk without being
listed and one perk with being listed (in the sources _and_ future
prints).

In fact I just saw a crowd funded cinema movie, and it ended with about five minutes of names of (different level) funders. So it might not be a problem adding one or four or twenty pages of such a names list (I think one or two pages is realistic). That'd mean the "hug" for, say, 2€ and the next level with 10€ but already a visible place in a printed reference.

  15€ - PDF/source package
        snapshot of the current state of the source directory,
        including PDFs of the individual scores.
        As long as we haven't reached the goal this will be a private
        copy, without license to redistribute, and without any
        cleaning up.

I'd price this at 20 eur - it's still cheaper than buying the book in
retail.  Or maybe have two separate perks: just pdf and pdf+source.

That'd be too much diversity too. So maybe I'd consider raising the price.

  15€ - Custom transposition
        (to be delivered as PDF or nicely printed)

way too cheap imo.  Unless we really don't want to make _any_
adjustments after transposing, not even the most ugly problems.

I thought of possibly treating extreme problems. But definitely not providing a printable solution. But of course the calculation is that we will have the transposition for later use.

The printed version should perhaps be a separate perk imo.

I don't think so. Having it printed on our nice paper is something we should be proud of. The PDF would be a nice bonus only.

I assume this is for 1 song?

Yes.

We could have a "bundled" perk with multople transpositions.

Good idea.

  35/50€ - Printed book plus ZIP
        It's actually like buying the book regularly,
        plus the ZIP package (and the "appreciation")

I'd suggest one more perk that gives multiple copies maybe?

I don't think multiple copies will be of siginificant interest for many.

100€ - Big Appreciation
        Add a special thanks section in the edition.
        Name will be in the source distribution and will
        appear in any further printed release
150€ - Interview on Scores of Beauty
       (limited to 5)
???€ - Bug/Feature (limited to 3-5)
        Sponsor one bug fix or feature implementation
        (in LilyPond, LilyPond libraries or LaTeX)
        Top up the same amount to the project campaign
       (See below for suggestions)
  ??€ - Merchandise articles
        with picture (our logo?) and text, something like
        "I helped freeing Fried" ;-) or
        "I support Free Culture"
        Ideas: Coffee mug, mouse pad, puzzle

###
Bug/feature perks

###
Features that might be sponsored later (if we should raise enough money).

I still think that most of these shouldn't be listed as explicit perks
(because we'd have waaay to many perks then) but as something to be
agreed upon individually.

OK. This is slightly risky because anybody can click and buy a perk. But we can of course make a generic perk and strongly refer to the main description where we make concrete suggestions.

Best
Urs

best,
Janek :-)