Re: LilyPond-Book on Windows

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: LilyPond-Book on Windows
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 16:06:44 +0100

David wrote Thursday, April 03, 2014 2:07 PM

> So it would appear that we still deliver a broken version of
> LilyPond-book in 2.18.2 since no Windows users are interested in it
> enough that we would have gotten a report about it in the month that it
> was available in the developer releases.

I use lilypond-book under Windows, but only for compiling sections
of the documentation.  It works fine for me, even 2.19.3.  I don't use
Latex at all.

Well, by "fine" I mean it does what I need.  The opening preamble which
attempts to determine some line width fails, but it has failed in the same
way for ages, since Graham's workaround for the problem David
mentions - 1933.

Running lilypond-book
lilypond-book.py (GNU LilyPond) 2.19.3
Reading C:/Users/Trevor/LilyPond-git/Documentation/contributor/doc-work.itexi...

Running texi2pdf on file c:\users\trevor\appdata\local\temp\tmpuyivbf.texi to
detect default page settings.

'texi2pdf' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.
lilypond-book.py: warning: Unable to auto-detect default settings:

Dissecting...

Trevor