Re: quoteDuring with lyrics

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: quoteDuring with lyrics
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 19:25:14 +0000

On 6/6/17 8:08 AM, "Kieren MacMillan" <address@hidden>
wrote:

>Hi David,
>
>> You can of course just put lyrics in a variable, but then the
>> lyrics distribution to notes will of course be done fresh when you use
>> that variable.
>
>I was just playing around with that feature when your post arrived!
>
>It's actually quite lovely and powerful, if you think like a programmer
>(like I do)Š but it's unlikely to help the novice or average user.
>And the extra "fragmentation" of the code may be more disadvantageous
>than the redundant lyric typing.

Even though I think like a programmer, I have found that the extra
fragmentation of code caused by using notes in variables is in many cases
worse that redundant note typing.

If the variables have specific meaning (e.g. phraseOne, bridge, phraseTwo)
then it might be worth using.  But I always struggle a bit about how to
balance this the best in my usage.

Thanks,

Carl